Saturday, November 6, 2010

Doubts

Some of you might be familiar with Eric Laithwaite's experiments. The following link reveals that Cambridge University's study project found that gyroscopes behave fully in accordance with Newtons Laws and that contrary to Laithwaite's claims, circular motion does not have some force all of its own.

The link has a series of demos of gyroscopes. It seems to me that they are well put together. However, lets talk Texan for a second - the simplest thing for a spinnin' gyro wheel to do when you remove the support on one end of it, is for it to swing down, with the wheel tumbling along the trajectory of its center of mass as per laws of conservation of momentum, treating the angular momentum of the wheel as something accesible only to the wheel and not susceptible to any net external motion happening to the frame holding the wheel. We see it happen for a non-rotating wheel under similar circumstances. Thats how it must fall if gravity is to be classified as something separate as a concept from spin. Thats what we intuitively expect but do not see.

In other words an object's spin ought to be its own business, but it isn't. To define an object's 'spin charge', it is sufficient to define the object as rotating along a circle about a center of rotation that coincides with the center of mass of the object. So if that is the case, then why does an external system have access to the energy trapped in the spin of the object?

The fact that nature finds it simpler to precess the wheel than to swing it down (like it would with a non-spinning object is a reminder that spin and gravity are intertwined concepts and answers that 'explain away' might perchance overlook a deftly hidden passage to a better flying machine for instance. Lets remember too that the breakthrough for Newton i.e. the law of gravitation came when he finally linked circular motion with Keplers 3rd law on the one hand and centripetal force on the other. Thus circular motion has been key to defining gravity's concepts right from the get go and there is merit in the hypothesis that gyroscopic arrangements containing large quantities of angular momentum have yet to yield all their secrets.

For instance, I have already recorded and observed the Kidd Effect in my experiments -a phenomena whereby spinning wheels in certain arrangements appeared to attract one another with a force proportional to (the product of ?) the angular momenta and rate of change of applied torque. I'm reporting authentic experimental evidence from my prototype. A better design to specifically help verify and measure the force is conceivable. I have some design ideas I could one day make. I will however detour through some interesting experimental results I have gotten.

Springing ahead, I will upload more videos of my experiments and the latest design details of the next generation prototype. At present I am making preliminary technical drawings for a radical new, re-designed relativistic machine. In the coming weeks I will upload video recordings of experiments showing the counterintuitive  behavior of the spinning wheels. These critical experiments brought new facts to my attention and led me to my conviction that I have finally uncovered the key to a viable flying machine and thus triggered the radical redesign I'm executing.

"Doubts, schmouts!"
"Full steam ahead then, Captain Danger!?", asked Buber.
"After you, Major Disaster" speedily came Gooboo's wary reply.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Followers